Privacy and Data Security

I had everything on my computer backed up to Carbonite approximately 37,000 files, They ERASED all my files and they CAN"T be retrieved!!!!I had my account set for automatic renewal, when renewal came up my credit card had expired so I went in and updated my card that day.

It does not give you an option to manually pay when it is set to auto pay.... so I called and talked to customer service, he would not take a payment. I was told to go the website to update my card. My card was current but they deleted my files in 30 days....

My computer crashed during that time and I had surgery also. Unbelievable that a company would delete all files in 30 days without having something as a backup to see if card is there......just delete all my lifetime of files that I had paid for there service to prevent that from happening. Wouldn't they run an auto payment again if manual is disabled. I am not the only person this has happened to.

This company has real problems. You could have them for 5 years and in 30 days that could all be wiped out.

Do a search for Lawsuits and Carbonite or Lost Data and Carbonite.They Pay for all the the top spots because they don't want you to see the real truth about what their past is.

This reviewer shared experience about "paid for service that wasn't there" and wants this business to "to be reimbursed for all the years of lost data and information that i will never ever be able to recover and for the stress they caused in a time of pain when recovering from surgery" as the author lost $5000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Carbonite. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Carbonite.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Software category for more informed decision or compare Carbonite to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Carbonite?

Comments