I want everyone to know who uses this product to backup to switch. All my files are gone...including my files for my company.

Pics of my wedding, daughter's 14th and 16th birthday and all files relating to my business. Carbonite is giving me a long excuse saying files will be deleted if you don't restore files on the new computer within 30 days. There was no notice/email/text/call to notify that my files were going to be deleted and now they are calmly saying well those files are gone. They no longer exist.

Life happens. What if someone was in the hospital for 30 days and could not restore their files...would their files, which contains priceless information for that person be deleted. Your product is severely flawed, if you do not have a contingency plan for instances like this. Your customer service approach is also extremely flawed if you could not contact me to say that files will be deleted but when its time to renew, you make sure and send that email.

DO NOT USE CARBONITE!! THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!! THEY DON'T TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION THAT THEY ARE DEALING WITH PEOPLE!

NOT FILES!!! THE SYSTEM WILL DELETE YOUR FILES WITHIN 30 DAYS WITHOUT NOTICE IF YOU DO NOT RESTORE

Product or Service Mentioned: Carbonite Backup Software.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Files are all gone, Lied to and blamed for their fault, Being lied to and refusal of company to accept responsibility, Product safeguards, Tech support giving up and blaming me.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 25, 2017.

Comments

same thing, activated a new computer, then didn't go back to it for a few months while moving. They deleted all my info and I had the same cold response of "oh well, that's too bad" No email, no phone call no text. I have lost the past 10 years of pictures and videos of my children.

Your monetary loss claim is beyond absurd.

It's your own fault for failing to keep hard copies of things that were allegedly so very precious to you.

And you placed all of your eggs in a single basket.

A basket you had no control over.

And you paid for the privilege.

Sympathy Level = 0