1.2
Usability

I have had Carbonite for 2 years. PRIOR to purchasing it I specifically asked if I would be able to back up my outlook files and have them restored. I was told yes. Fast forward to my first reinstall of data due to a computer issue....YES I have my outlook files but NO I can't open them or use them. I was told I have to go to a computer company or Microsoft and ask if they can repair.

Secondly, when Carbonite backs up your computer it is supposed to delete your "deleted" files after 30 days. Did not happen. So my full restore has taken over EIGHT days due to the fact that it had to down load over 900,000 files. I am told 7-10 days is normal! I can't not have my data for this long. This has affected my WORK!

Now I will have to go in and RE-DELETE all my files. This is beyond a pain as I have HUNDREDS of thousands of files to go through. It is almost impossible to know which to keep which to delete. I will NEVER EVER recommend Carbonite. Please back up on a hard drive or some other cloud based system. DO NOT use Carbonite....trust me it has cost me thousands of dollars in lost data.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $10000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Carbonite. The most disappointing about carbonite backup software from Carbonite was being lied to and refusal of company to accept responsibility and lied to about backing up my data and having access Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Carbonite.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Software category for more informed decision or compare Carbonite to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Carbonite?

Comments

Apollo Beach, Florida, United States #1331069

I do not like the auto renewal they do even after you tell them no!Every time you renew they stick auto renewal on there.

Then you cannot contact them even with chat.They make it as difficult as possible.